We are looking for a highly motivated, results-oriented Licensing professional with strong interpersonal skills, the ability to think strategically and flawlessly execute and build lasting relationships within the licensing industry. The Licensing Manager will be an integral part of the team, working closely with the Senior Director of Licensing and the Creative teams to bring products to market. He/she will interact with the Senior Director of Licensing and Licensors to facilitate acquisitions and renewals of licenses, in addition to maintaining forecasting obligations and managing the day to day communication with Licensors and Agents.
- Manages day to day communication with Licensors and Agents.
- In collaboration with the licensing team, create PowerPoint decks, one-sheets and pitch presentations for various internal and external meetings.
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Sales departments to develop materials for sales, trade shows, advertising and events.
- Coordinate and communicate intellectual assets for each studio and assist in communicating new acquisitions to sales and creative teams.
- Assist in researching potential new partners, categories, and territories.
- Identify new creative projects and assets needed by Licensing team and coordinate the reception of intellectual assets with Licensors and ensure delivery within assigned deadlines.
- Prepare forecasts for licensors on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare sell in and sell through reports for licensors as needed.
- Keeps all accounting and licensing spreadsheets up to date on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or in a related degree
- Minimum of 3 years of licensing/brand management experience
- Computer Proficient in Microsoft Office. Excellent skills in Excel a must.
- Creative, media and trend savvy
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Detail orientated and comfortable working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and able to complete work within given deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically
- Ability to communicate, influence and build relationships with internal and external teams
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting, with departments inside and outside the organization.
License Approvals Coordinator
We are looking for a detail oriented and organized License Approvals Coordinator. In this role, you will coordinate the approvals process for all licensors and brands, ensuring that there are no delays and will act as a liaison between Licensing/Creative and Production to work through any challenging issues with licensors.
- Communicate with all licensors, agents and brands.
- Create and follow a production schedule tracking system and maintain approvals for all orders.
- Review and monitor all ‘initial concept approvals’ (to be sent and/or revised according to comments made by each licensor/ brand/ agent) .
- Communicate any requested changes to the appropriate artist and make sure the concept has a final approval.
- Receive notice of orders and ensure all styles have been approved. Communicate with Production team to ensure all revisions are done before Teck Packages go to factories, if revisions are required.
- Responsible for sending all packaging and any labeling for brand approval for each order and ensuring that it is proper and current.
- Ensure familiarity with all approval processes for each brand and that each process is carefully followed.
- Organize paperwork and submit any PP /Production and contractual samples to each brand and follow up with any comments made for any samples sent. Ensure comments are received in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for communicating any do’s and don’ts, as we learn them, from brand to the rest of the team.
- Ensure that access to all current style guides are available to all.
- Daily communication and follow up with Senior Director of Licensing/ Director of Merchandising /Graphic Artists/Production and Import teams
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Strong skills in Excel
- Excellent time management; ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the V.P. Corporate Development, the ideal candidate will bring real world experience in marketing strategies and will have a strong knowledge of the application of digital media in marketing and communication campaigns. The Marketing Manager will have the creative freedom to develop and execute short and long-term marketing and brand strategies that will help drive the business and increase awareness for our brand portfolio.
- Develop, implement and evaluate annual marketing and communication strategies balancing hands-on execution with big-picture, strategic thinking.
- Build and lead the execution of creative marketing programs and campaigns from start to finish, driving collaboration with the stakeholders and leveraging the right internal processes.
- Develop brand guidelines that will serve to maintain brand integrity in all marketing initiatives undertaken.
- Track progress, analyze and present the effectiveness of marketing campaigns to the management team.
- Update and maintain company websites and social media platforms with proper content, news, visuals and monitor related metrics for performance.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification to promote The Kersheh Group’s portfolio of brands using innovative techniques to drive brand awareness.
- Identify key opportunities for differentiation of our online brands.
- Develop innovative ways to showcase trends (seasonal trend books and brand books.
- Analyze market and competitive landscape in conjunction with customer behaviour to develop and execute SEO/SEM strategies & campaigns.
- Develop and manage the annual marketing budget and monitor expenditures on a monthly basis.
- Manage all Public Relations and Media initiatives; develop and build relationships with media, stylists, editors, sponsors etc. and write content for any press releases, newsletters, website, and posts updates to social media.
- Support the B2B business by providing the Sales team with the required tools and assets for market appointments.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role, experience within the apparel industry an asset.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Social Media advertising, SEM and SEO.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English (mandatory).
- University degree in Marketing, or equivalent.
- A solid understanding of Social Media marketing.
- Proficient with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Outgoing with a sense of leadership, innovation, collaboration and accountability.
- Creative and outside the box thinker.
- Ability to effectively execute across all marketing disciplines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and comfortable working with limited supervision.
Marketing / Social Media Coordinator
Are you a creative individual passionate about brand and content marketing? Are you a social media super-user that’s always keen about the latest technologies? We are looking for a highly organized Marketing Coordinator with a hands-on attitude. Your task will be to coordinate and execute our digital marketing strategy to drive brand awareness and sales.
We are open to crafting the role to the ideal candidate’s specific areas of experience and interest, as this position is part of a growing team with several new hires expected in 2018.
- Coordinate all marketing activity based on our marketing calendar and strategic plan for our Brands
- Support sales team with asset requirements for our retailer network
- Coordinate and assist in seasonal campaign and e-commerce photoshoots
- Coordinate samples and order fulfillment for PR requests
- Curate content and manage social media channels
- Serve as community engagement lead across social media channels with the goals of brand awareness, and audience growth
- Create and deploy e-mail newsletters
- Manage consumer and influencer e-mail lists
- Track invoices and update the budget
- Must be fluent in English, written and spoken, intermediate French is an asset
- 1-5 years of experience in marketing and social media
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing (Google AdWords & SEM etc.)
- Experience in fashion is an asset
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- A committed and dynamic team player that is able to coordinate and deliver projects within really tight deadlines
- Flexible and autonomous
Fit & Spec Technician
We're looking for a detail oriented Fit & Spec Technician who will be responsible for providing technical expertise to the Import and Design teams in order to finalize patterns and style feasibility for the factories (according to the customers’ requirements), and who will be responsible for sample fitting and measurement approvals.
- Measure all samples, according to corporate measuring methods, before submitting for approval ensuring all non-conformance are corrected before expediting.
- Email the Import Coordinator and Makers with all fit and/or wash comments for submitted samples and identifies samples accordingly.
- Monitor all sewing techniques and production details (technical) to ensure accuracy.Identify potential production problems and advise alternative garment sewing or construction methods in order to improve production process and final quality.
- Communicate with factories on any technical issues and together arrive at quick resolutions.
- Work with product development and quality teams to develop, update and finalize production patterns; measures all paper patterns to ensure integrity.
- Resolve all pattern problems with factories.
- Communicate to the Design team any technical issues that cannot be resolved at the factory level so that track sheet timelines are maintained.
- Fill out the necessary forms pertaining to the size and fit section of the technical package. This includes fabric test results, following corporate wash test methods, needed for fabric approval.
- Carry out special projects and assignments as required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- College degree in Fashion Design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Lectra.
- In-depth technical knowledge in garment construction, paper patterns, sewing techniques and size specification grading as well as extensive experience in sample fitting and measurement approvals.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Must be able to problem solve and handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Work well under pressure and demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Strong pattern correction skills, an asset.
- Knowledge of Visual 2000, an asset
Are you a creative and detail-oriented individual with 2-3 years of experience as a Technical Designer within the apparel industry looking for a new challenge? Then this may be the position for you! As a Technical Designer, you will be responsible for all support functions within the design team which will include putting together the technical design information as it relates to each style.
- Prepares artwork setup (labels, hangtags, AOPs, screen prints, etc).
- Creates black & white sketches with garment construction details.
- Completes technical packages.
- Provides comments to overseas teams for lab dips and artwork approvals, with direction from the Designer.
- Prepares all salesman and customer samples.
- Communicates with customers on product approvals.
- Maintains a library of all approvals.
- Prepares the showroom with all relevant samples and presentation materials for customer meetings.
- Assists in preparation of trend boards, presentation boards, and delivery boards for customers.
- Attends fit sessions as needed.
- Carries out special projects and assignments as required.
- College diploma in Fashion design.
- 2-3 years of experience as a technical designer in the fashion and apparel industry.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe illustrator, Photoshop in a Mac environment.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills with a strong attention to detail and able to work under pressure in fast paced environments.
- Works well independently and part of a team.
The Kersheh Group is currently searching for a dynamic Import Coordinator to join its team! Reporting to the Import Manager, you will be responsible for the flow of production from the time styles are adopted until factories go into and deliver production. You will also follow up and record all relevant information on all aspects of production and resolve any issues that might impede the promise we made to our customers when orders were received. You will also be expected to negotiate and confirm programs with appropriate countries and factories upon request.
- Coordinates / manages the purchase by group / style / quantity and ensures the accuracy of the data entry within the Company’s operating systems and Time and Action reports.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of all customer requirements.
- Creates initial purchase orders, reviews and expedites to off-shore suppliers.
- Regular follow up and updating of the T & A.
- Reviews and analyses the T & A report showing status of all outstanding orders at the makers in preparation for weekly team meeting.
- Responsible for daily communications with suppliers.
- Communicates internally on any questions concerning daily progress of programs and resolves any processing issues so that commitments are met.
- Coordination between Clothing Design, Graphic Design, Sales, Customer Service, DC to ensure the Customer’s requirements / needs are met to ensure proper execution of all orders.
- Ensures all issues are addressed between various Departments of the Company by way of clear communication in order to achieve the intended end product (24-48 hr response time).
- Ensures all approvals are sent on time from both suppliers and Montreal office.
- Opens incoming packages and distributes to appropriate persons.
- Forwards group / style Tech Packs to the various Makers.
- Follows up on all approval of all fabric, lab dip and trim quality standards.
- Follows up on the overall garment specifications with the Fit/Spec Dept.
- Orders all samples (except test samples) including Ad samples.
- Responsible for the approval of all labels, care labels, hangtags (excluding special packaging).
- Ensures that approvals and rejections are in line with deliveries. If they are not, she will address these delays with the appropriate persons in order to resolve and ensures that corrective action is communicated back to suppliers to minimize delivery impact.
- Maintaining of the various groups / styles production binders / folders.
- Communicates with Makers on the production and approval processes/issues including 3rd party testing.
- Ensures all regulatory and compliance requirements are met and documented.
- Overall achievement of on time deliveries.
- Regular updating and communication with the Traffic Dept on shipping details.
- Follow up on the issuance of all debit / credit notes to be applied against documents with the Finance & Traffic Depts.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar position in the apparel industry - a must.
- Experience working for a company that sells to major retailers in Canada and USA is considered an asset.
- Experience with Visual 2000 - An asset.
- Experience in the sleepwear industry - An asset.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills with the ability to problem-solve and negotiate.
- Understands fits, the colour approval process, fabric constructions and accessories.
- Very good verbal and written communications skill.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills with the ability to problem-solve and negotiate.
- Must be analytical and work well under pressure.
- Good team player and high sense of initiative.